HERE IS THE CHALLENGE:
First... the tiles need to have a connection to a specific cultural reference. For example, you could look at Zuni motifs and base your designs off of those... or look at ancient Egypt and hieroglyphics.
Second... you will be making two relief tiles that are the same size, but they need to be opposites. There are a number of ways to solve this problem, I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
How is your craftsmanship? How is your skill? Did you document your planning. You definitely want to have the images printed or sketched to scale to use as a template.
THINGS TO INCLUDE IN YOUR BLOG:
• At least 4 images total... 1 must be of your sketches, 1 must be of your final piece. The others can be of inspiration images or in progress photos of your own work.
• Be sure to address the following questions in your blog...
- How did you use your own unique ideas in your work?
- What issues are you examining through your artwork?
- How did you respond to challenges that occurred as you worked?